Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Customer Service for Unwanted vacations of Acer's Lame

A short time ago, there was virus in Laptop that cannot be handled by me and I am very upset for that virus. Because that virus destroyed my Windows Vista. Unfortunately, the recovery CD’s didn’t work as well which was strange since I never had a chance to used them and they were scratch less. Anyway, I was having some other issues as well so I thought I should send my laptop to the company on weekend and get it back on monday with all the problems fixed (hardware related as well, battery etc).

I told them that I have some important data is one of my drives so please make sure that it doesn’t get deleted. On monday, I called the company and the person in charge of warranties said that you have to back up your data yourself since they’re not responsible for it + they have to wipe out everything, format, do new partitions etc. The best they can do is give me the hard disk so I can take care of it. Now I never had a chance to buy the device which connects the laptop’s harddisk to another PC through USB for scenarios like this.

I called some friends to check if they have one and luckily one of my friends at Shophive said yes. I called the company and told them that I’ll come by in the evening to pick up the hard disk. So I took my car out, went there and the guy who had my laptop wasn’t there. After calling him, he said he’s out and forgot to take the HD out, you can pick it up tomorrow. Even if I’m not there, you’ll get it. So another day lost.

The next day, I went there again and he was out of office. I called him on the spot and he said “Oh, I forgot”, I told him to ask anyone else in his office to take it out and give it to me since it’s more than a week now. After some talks, I finally got the hard disk. I went to shophive, borrowed the device and copied the data in my brother’s laptop. The next day (Saturday) – I went to Acer’s office, gave the hard disk and asked if I can get it back tonight? – The answer was “No” since they had to leave early. Another week lost. On Monday, I went there and he said, it’s all done. Windows etc re-installed, everything’s new. I was a bit happy, asked him if he mange to fix my hardware issues? (Headphone pin was stuck in the audio knob + battery time wasn’t good). Guess what, he said “I forgot”!

So two weeks, 1 windows installation. I was enraged but couldn’t do anything. I took my laptop back home so I can start work and guess what, The drive with my data (which I thought would be formatted) was un-touched. Right now, I’m clueless, I don’t know what to say or do except, when will they take things seriously?

Now I am very happy because after that virus I am posting regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment